Your legal problem demands a great lawyer. Calls answered 24/7: 612-455-7050

Car Accidents

The car accident lawyers at Newmark Storms Law Office have the experience and talent necessary to provide car accident victims with the highest level of representation. We will fight for the compensation you deserve.

I’ve been in a car accident, what should I do?

  • If someone is hurt, call for medical help right away. Your well-being and the well-being of others is most important.
  • Call the police. You want them to document the accident and gather the important facts. Don’t let it be your word against the at-fault driver’s word.
  • Call your insurance agent as soon as possible.
  • Get the other driver’s address, phone number, license plate number, insurance information, car registration number, and the make, model and year of the driver’s car.
  • Get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of witnesses.
  • Use your phone or any other camera to take pictures of your injuries and the scene.
  • Call the car accident attorneys at Newmark Storms Law Office for a free consultation at 612.455.7050. If it is an emergency, you can also call 612.201.9638.

What shouldn’t I do if I’m in a car accident?

  • Absolutely do not flee the scene of the accident.
  • Don’t discuss the accident with anyone or accept any blame for it.
  • Don’t speak to anybody from the other driver’s insurance company.
  • Remember that any statement you give might be used against you in the future.
  • Don’t delay in getting medical attention. Any delay can hurt your potential recovery.
  • Don’t delay in contacting the car accident attorneys at Newmark Storms Law office.

How do I recover money if I’ve been in a car accident?

The answer to this question varies and largely depends on the extent of your injuries and the available insurance coverage.

Your first area of recovery will typically be from your own insurer through your Personal Injury Protection (“PIP”) benefits, which often consist of $20,000 for medical benefits and $20,000 for non-medical benefits. As for the medical benefits, this generally means that your own insurance company will pay the first $20,000 of medical bills you incur as a result of your accident. Non-medical benefits include income loss (up to $250/week) and replacement services—for example, if you need to pay someone to mow your lawn because of your injuries.

If you meet certain thresholds, you can then bring a claim against the at-fault driver. If the at-fault driver has no insurance, then you would bring a claim against your own insurer for uninsured motorist benefits (UM). If the at-fault driver does not have enough insurance, then you may bring a claim against your own insurer for underinsured motorist benefits (UIM).

If there are insufficient insurance funds available, you may attempt to recover directly from the at-fault driver. However, the instances where it makes sense to attempt such a recovery are few and far between.

If you happen to be reading this before an accident occurs, please make sure that you have purchased as much automobile insurance as you reasonably can afford. There is nothing worse than having a severely injured client, but insufficient insurance proceeds available to compensate them. You can’t control what the other driver does, but you can control the amount of UM and UIM insurance available to you.

Why should I hire Newmark Storms Law Office?

Jeff Storms is an accomplished personal injury attorney, who has been lead counsel on approximately $1,000,000.00 in personal injury recoveries for clients since 2013. He was also named a 2013 “Attorney of the Year” by Minnesota Lawyer for his work on a $3.075 Million Dollar wrongful death case. At Newmark Storms Law Office, you will find talented car accident attorneys and trial lawyers who are ready to take exceptional care of you.

Can I afford you?

Yes. We take car accident cases on a “contingency fee” basis, which means we only get paid if we recover money on your behalf.  Call the Newmark Storms Law Office car accident lawyers at 612.455.7050 for a free consultation.